Saturday, February 23, 2013

Casillas recovering from surgery desires with a championship title this year

Iker Casillas says his recovery from a broken bone in his hand goes a lot better than expected and he could possibly be right back between your Real Madrid posts when late March.

Casillas' finger was broken by a random kick from his team-mate Alvaro Arbeloa throughout Madrid's Copa del Rey quarter-final sport at the Mestalla on January 23.

It absolutely was feared he would experience three months on the sidelines, and the club moved quickly to signal Diego Lopez for 3.5 million from Sevilla to perform in their likely season-defining games against Barcelona in the Copa and Manchester United in the Champions League.

The Madrid club captain told reporters on Thursday night, at the opening of a new club store at the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu, that the original timeframe had only been a worst-case scenario.

"I am feeling very positive," Casillas said. "The surgeon gave the worst-case scenario to me, he explained it might take three months. But when the splint was removed last week, I was told I'd one month left. Now I am doing active exercises to obtain flexibility and energy back the finger."

Casillas said he'd been working hard at Madrid's Valdebebas training service to obtain back playing as soon as possible.

"Until now I have not had much power in it, but I am getting it back little by little," he said. "We have reached the halfway point of the damage. I've still got monthly to go. I'll need to work more and suffer more to obtain straight back the mobility of before. I'm getting excited about returning. It's worse being off the pitch than on it."

The function was also attended by Casillas' team-mates including Arbeloa, Xabi Alonso, Karim Benzema, Angel Di Maria, Jose Callejon, Nacho and Kaka, although coach Jose Mourinho was missing.

Alonso told reporters that he did not know yet whether he'd get over his crotch issue in time for next Tuesday's Copa semi-final second leg at Barcelona's Camp Nou.

"I am in the restoration stage," the midfielder said. "I am hoping to get better the moment possible, to get rid of the disquiet and get back in top form. Lots of people ask when I'll prepare yourself. I aspire to manage to perform against Barca, but I don't have an answer right now."

Former Liverpool person Alonso said that, with the link balanced at 1-1, whoever scored first in the Champions League last 16 get back sport at Manchester United on March 5 will be favourites to succeed.

"They can have the help of their fans," he said. "It will be considered a concern. The medial side that scores first will undoubtedly be favourites. Old Trafford is a great ground and it's the type of match all of us like to play. The link is very open."

Di Maria said that it could suit Madrid to be playing overseas in both of the upcoming, possibly season-defining, games.

"Things are going well and develop to keep this way," he explained. "We know that we have to have large matches in both tournaments and that it will not be easy. Because we prosper when things are against us maybe playing away is going to be within our favor. We've had this week to work with the simplest way to approach the games. I really hope everything goes well."

Benzema, who remains any doubt for Saturday evening's La Liga game at Deportivo La Coruna, said he was not focused on his current bad form facing goal.

"I hope than I have so far that I score more goals, nevertheless the thing may be the squad and to win the forthcoming matches," he said. "We have to interact to win. We have a great group and we're all in good form."

No comments:

Post a Comment